Who: Stan Cottrell, ultra-long distance runner, 77 years old, Guinness World Record Holder. Stan has run over 250,000 miles in the last 70 years, running across 40 different countries and across the USA twice before. He holds the record for the fastest TransAmerica run taking just 48 days.
What: The Amazing Friendship Run – More than the equivalent of over 100 back-to-back marathons by one man.
Where: Coast to coast from Los Angeles to Washington DC
When: From July 18th for 100 days continuously @ 30 miles/day.
Why: a) To inspire people to get moving for their health b) To benefit multiiple charities:
1. Hope For Families Adoption and Counseling Services – https://www.hopeforfamilies.org/ - Mission is to improve the lives of children by providing loving and nurturing help to birth mothers/fathers, adoptive families, and children in foster care, throughout every stage of the adoption journey.
2. The Salvation Army - https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/ - The Salvation Army exists to meet human need wherever, whenever, and however we can.
3. WLOC Clothes For Kids Inc. - provides clothes and coats to poor children in Kentucky
4. Friendship Sports Association - https://friendshipsportsassociation.org Uses “Friendship Runs” throughout the world to: Break down walls of misunderstanding between nations and peoples - Foster cross-cultural understanding, communication, friendship and cooperation - Spread hope to people who are hurting and provide help for the children in need.
5. Feed the Children - https://www.feedthechildren.org/ - Feed the Children is committed to creating a world where no child goes to bed hungry. To end childhood hunger, we must work together to break the cycle of poverty. Feed the Children works with a network of thousands of partner agencies in communities across the country. Our partner agencies include food pantries, shelters, soup kitchens and churches. These agencies make sure the donated food and other essentials reach families in need in the U.S. — free of charge.